Acibadem University Health Policy Practices and Research Center organized the Third Sectoral Symposium, which was about ‘Big Data’, at Acibadem University Kerem Aydinlar Campus, on November 25th, 2016.
The moderator of ‘Big Data’ themed panel was Assc. Prof. Haluk Özsari, Director of Health Policy Practices and Research Center at Acibadem University. In the panel expert speakers addressed the place and the importance of data, which has been growing rapidly worldwide as well as being collected faster along with a more complex structure since the beginning of 21st century, particularly in terms of increasing productivity in health sector, reducing the costs and providing high quality healthcare services.
In the panel, which comprised of two parts, Assc. Prof. Lorena Baccaglini and Prof. Dr. Tevfik Bedirhan Üstün made their presentations which were titled ‘Improving patient care services by means of electronic patient records, invoice information and national database’ and ‘Big Data, Preventing e-Babylon Tower’, respectively. Deputy Undersecretary of Turkish Republic Health Ministry Dr. Şuayip Birinci made a presentation which consisted of Health Ministry’s Big Data studies. In his presentation, Dr. Şuayip Birinci explained how Big Data is utilized in health as a Health Management System Tool and how the system is managed, by pointing out the greatness of health data by use of numbers, with examples from geographic information system to E-pulse application.
In the second session of the panel, following Istanbul Medipol University Lecturer Assc. Prof. Gökhan Silahtaroğlu’s “Biga Data’s features and areas of utilization” presentation and Teradata Information System Industry Consultant Özgür Kaynar’s “Next Generation Health Services Analysis Methods” presentation, Social Security Administration’s Big Data experience in health insurance field and their current projects in this regard were exemplified by Social Security Administration General Health Insurance General Manager Dr. Gazi Alataş.
· Prof. Dr. Sabahattin Aydın, President of Istanbul Medipol University, Advisory Board Member of
Health Policy and Practice Center at Acibadem University
· Assc. Prof. Haluk Özsarı, Director of Health Policy and Practice Center at Acibadem University
· Dr. Şuayip Birinci, Deputy Undersecretary of Health Ministry
· Dr. Gazi Alataş, General Manager of General Health Insurance at Social Security Administration
· Assc. Prof. Lorena Baccaglini, Lecturer at Nebraska University Public Health School Epidemiology
· Assc. Prof. Bedirhan Üstün, Head of Classification and Terminology Department at World Health
· Prof. Dr. Uğur Sezerman, Head of Medical Statistics and Medical Information Technology Department
at Acibadem University School of Medicine
· Assc. Prof. Gökhan Silahtaroğlu, Business Administration and Management Science Faculty at
Istanbul Medipol University
· Özgür Kaynar, Teradata Industry Advisor for Turkey
Presentations:Özgür KAYNAR (Teradata Healthcare Analytics)