Inter-university Horizontal Transfer
This refers to transfers from other universities to a program which is equivalent to that of ACU. Inter-university horizontal transfers are determined according to the provisions of the “Regulation for Transfer Between Programs at Pre-Bachelor’s and Bachelor’s Level, Double Majors, Minors and Inter-Institutional Credit Transfer in Higher Education Institutions” and “Regulation for Transfer To Pre-Bachelor’s and Bachelor’s Diploma Programs at Acıbadem University”.
Related Directives and Regulations:
For the Regulation for Transfer To Pre-Bachelor’s and Bachelor’s Diploma Programs at Acıbadem University. please click
For the Regulation for Transfer Between Programs at Pre-Bachelor’s and Bachelor’s Level, Double Majors, Minors and Inter-Institutional Credit Transfer in Higher Education Institutions.please click
The application dates for horizontal transfers is available on the academic calendar. Information regarding dates and contingents is made by the Directorate of Student Affairs at the relevant time.
Documents required for application:
1. Application form ((Click here for an application form.))
2. Student Certificate: This must be prepared by the higher education institution to which the candidate is enrolled. This document must be recently dated, authorized and sealed and it must clearly state the candidate is currently a student at the aforementioned higher education institution. (This document should contain information regarding discipline procedures against a student if any. If not, then this information must be separately documented and prepared as an additional document.) (International horizontal transfers must clearly state the candidate’s enrollment date (mm/dd/yy).
3. Transcript: This must be prepared by the higher education institution to which the candidate is enrolled and must clearly state all the lessons attended, the grades and grade point average, (stamped, in a sealed envelope). If the transcript does not contain sufficient information regarding the grading system and language of tuition then this must be separately documented and added to the transcript.
4. Rank Document (This document is to be submitted only by students applying to the School of Medicine and must clearly state the total number of students in the candidate’s class and the candidate’s rank.)
5. Equivalency Certificate (Required for international horizontal transfers)
6. Lesson Identification and Content Information: : Documents which contain detailed information regarding the lessons in the candidate’s transcript.
7. Lesson plan: Lesson plans for the years of study by the candidate.
8. ÖSYS / DGS Results (Candidates who are applying from overseas need to have sat the ÖSYS the same year they began their studies overseas. They need to have scored a minimum of 180 points in the program of their choice. Alternatively, they must have an accepted equivalent document)
- SAT 1 (Minimum 1000 puan)
- ACT (Minimum 21 Puan)
- French Baccalaureate
- GCE A Level Sertifikası (Minimum 2 lessons)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Austrian Matura Diploma (Matura Reifezeugnis)
- Italian Maturita Diploma (Diploma di Maturita)
9. YGS (Higher Education Examination) Results
10. LYS (Undergraduate Placement Examination) Results (Inclusive of YGS score)
11. Copy of the High School Diploma: A copy of the candidate’s high school graduation diploma.
12. Identification Card: A copy of the candidate’s national identification card.
13. One photo.
14. Language proficiency certificate for programs which are taught in English: Candidates who do not meet the language proficiency criteria must sit the Acıbadem University Proficiency exam. Candidates who are unsuccessful will begin their education in the English Foundation Program.
Language Proficiency Conditions:
|AYES (Acıbadem University Proficiency)||70|
|Computer-based TOEFL (CBT)||231|
|Internet-based TOEFL (IBT)||90|
Candidates need to complete the English Foundation Program before they can continue on the course to which they have been accepted.
Documents which are not in either English or Turkish must be submitted with their Turkish or English language translations.
Please submit your complete application in person to the Directorate of Student Affairs.
Contact information for the Directorate of Student Affairs:
Tel : 0 216 500 44 44 (Ext: 4240-4241-4244-4245-4246)