Horizontal Transfer according to Central Placement Score
The addition to Clause I of the “Regulation for Transfer Between Programs at Pre-Bachelor’s and Bachelor’s Level, Double Majors, Minors and Inter-Institutional Credit Transfer in Higher Education Institutions” published on the 2nd May 2014 in Official Gazette no. 28998 states that students can transfer horizontally to the faculty/department/program of their choice with their Central Placement score.
Related Directives and Regulations:
For the Regulation for Transfer To Pre-Bachelor’s and Bachelor’s Diploma Programs at Acıbadem University. please click
For the Regulation for Transfer Between Programs at Pre-Bachelor’s and Bachelor’s Level, Double Majors, Minors and Inter-Institutional Credit Transfer in Higher Education Institutions.please click
The application dates for horizontal transfers are available on the academic calendar. Information regarding dates and contingencies is made available by the Directorate of Student Affairs at the relevant time.
Documents required for application
1. Application form ((Click here for an application form.))
2. Student Certificate: This must be prepared by the higher education institution to which the candidate is enrolled. This document must be recently dated, authorized and sealed. (This document should contain information regarding discipline procedures against a student if any. If not, then this information must be separately documented and prepared as an additional document.))
3. Transcript: This must be prepared by the higher education institution to which the candidate is enrolled and must clearly state all the lessons attended, the grades and grade point average, (stamped, in a sealed envelope). If the transcript does not contain sufficient information regarding the grading system and language of tuition then this must be separately documented and added to the transcript. (Students enrolled in the foundation class are exempt))
4. Lesson Identification and Content Information: Documents which contain detailed information regarding the lessons in the candidate’s transcript. (Students enrolled in the foundation class are exempt))
5. Lesson plan: Lesson plans for the years of study by the candidate. (Students enrolled in the foundation class are exempt))
6. DGS / ÖSYS Results
7. YGS Results
8. LYS Results (Including YGS score)
9. Copy of the High School Diploma: A copy of the candidate’s high school graduation diploma.
10. Identification Card: A copy of the candidate’s national identification card.
11. One photo.
12. Document showing that the candidate has not previously horizontally transferred on the basis of their Central Placement score.
13. Language proficiency certificate for programs which are taught in English: Candidates who do not meet the language proficiency criteria must sit the Acıbadem University Proficiency exam. Candidates who are unsuccessful will begin their education in the English Foundation Program.
Language Proficiency Conditions:
|AYES (Acıbadem University Proficiency) ||70|
|Computer-based TOEFL (cbt)||231|
|Internet-based TOEFL (ıbt)||90|
Candidates need to complete the English Foundation Program before they can continue on the course to which they have been accepted.
Please submit your complete application in person to the Directorate of Student Affairs. Applications with missing documents will not be accepted.
Contact information for the Directorate of Student Affairs:
Tel : 0 216 500 44 44 (Ext: 4240-4241-4244-4245-4246)