Personal Data Protection and Health Sector
Acibadem University Health Policy Practices and Research Center organized the Second Sectoral Symposium, which was about ‘Personal Data Protection and Health Sector’, at Acibadem University Kerem Aydinlar Campus, on May 27th, 2016.
Speakers in the panel were Assc. Prof. Leyla KESER – Lecturer from Istanbul Bilgi University Law School Department of Information Technology Law, Dr. M. Mahir ÜLGÜ – General Manager of Health Ministry Information Systems, Dr. Mustafa ÖZTÜRK – Department Director of Social Security Administration Monitoring and Evaluation of Health Technologies, Kemal KAPLAN – Director of Acibadem Healthcare Group Information Technologies and Murat LOSTAR – General Manager of Lostar Information Safety INC.
As it is well known, the law 6698, dated March 24th 2016, about ‘Protection of Personal Data’, which is significant for health sector and is one of the leading topics of talks and discussions lately, came into force upon being published in Federal Register edition 29677, on April 7th, 2016. And in the panel, discussion topics were applicable information technology law, data safety, Medulla applications, e-pulse and other projects and practices carried-out by Health Ministry and besides the said topics public and private sector’s perspective, criticisms and contributions were mentioned as well.
· Dr. Şuayip Birinci, Deputy Undersecretary of Health Ministry
· Assc. Prof. Leyla Keser, Lecturer Department of Information Technology Law at Istanbul Bilgi University Law School,
· Dr. M. Mahir Ülgü, General Manager of Health Information Systems at Health Ministry
· Dr. Mustafa Öztürk, Department Head of Monitoring and Standard at Social Security Administration
· Kemal Kaplan, Director of Information Technologies at Acibadem Healthcare Group